Saturday, September 8, 2012

Colorado

Colorado was so beautiful. We just spent most of the week driving around the mountains. And I loved their mountains. It was such a nice relaxing week. We went fly-fishing, hiking, and enjoyed the fresh air. 

We drove to Denver to visit some family friends. During the day though, we decided we wanted to visit the Butterfly Pavilion. Unbelievable. I thought I was dreaming. We had a few butterflies land on us and that was super exciting. It turns out though that we weren't supposed to touch the butterflies at all. We just thought you couldn't touch their wings...woops! 

We also went to the Denver Art Museum and saw the Yves Saint Laurent exhibit. It was just amazing! And Dean was such a great sport letting me stay as long as I wanted to, even though I could tell he was kind of bored and didn't really get the exhibits. Yves Saint Laurent has always been one of my favorite fashion icons. I didn't realize what a big deal this was at the time, but when I was in elementary school, my grandma would buy me Yves Saint Laurent clothes. I just always thought the YSL monogram logo looked cool. I certainly didn't deserve to wear them. 

One downside to the week was that there weren't a lot of food places that were open because we went during its off-season. But we found this amazing food cart where they sold all kinds of crepes. And they were huge too. Dean's favorite was the pizza crepe. Can you tell by his smile and his thumbs up?









2 comments:

Alison said...

I love the butterfly pictures. I went to a pavilion once and it was a surreal experience to have exotically colored butterflies all around.

iyouandme said...

Thanks Alison! I know right? It really was surreal. I didn't want to leave.