Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Anatomy of Architecture

My BFA show was about relating 2 seemingly unrelated subjects and connecting the two by the use of symbols. I compared a human body to a building and created 7 symbols: heart, brain, skin, lungs, veins, skeleton, and muscles of a building. I placed all the symbols throughout the HFAC to their corresponding places. These symbols also became the advertising for the exhibit.












Special thanks to Dean and Yuji (pictured above), and Cristina.

4 comments:

whitney johnson said...

i already told you this but oh my gosh i LOVE IT! and CONGRATULATIONS again!!! :)

jenny said...

YumS! Looks so rad. Congratulations!!!!! You're DONE!!!!!!!

amanda jane said...

Ayumi....beautiful...really. Wish I could see it in real life! PS, I still need to hear your engagement story.

danielle said...

I love this so much, like so so much. You are really talented :)